What Sets Us Apart?
USRSB is an independent, multi-stakeholder, transparent effort focused on shaping the sustainability framework for the U.S. beef value chain. USRSB encourages and promotes continuous improvement in the U.S. beef value chain through several actions, including:
- Identifying sustainability indicators
- Establishing verification methodologies
- Generating field project data to test sustainability concepts
- Providing a forum for open discussion, information exchange and program development
- Offering stakeholders an equal opportunity through membership participation
The USRSB will work in collaboration with the Global Roundtable for Sustainable Beef (GRSB) and/or other sustainability initiatives whose aims are consistent with our mission and vison, as appropriate.
The USRSB is comprised of the following five constituencies:
Individuals, organizations and associations of people who are actively engaged in the ownership and management of cattle used to produce beef;
Organizations and associations of people who supply the beef value chain with goods and services, including but not limited to financial institutions;
Organizations and associations of people who process cattle and beef into saleable product;
Organizations and associations of people who bring beef and beef-related products to consumers;
Academic institutions, non-government and non-commercial institutions, foundations, alliances and associations with a stake in the beef value chain.
Goals And Objectives
The USRSB has prioritized the following initial areas of focus:
- Establish sustainability indicators
- Develop a method to verify sustainable beef
- Create a program philosophy for implementing sustainability objectives
- Generate field projects that prove sustainability concepts
- Establish goals for progress
Consistent with GRSB, the USRSB will not mandate standards nor verify individual stakeholder performance.